Friday, September 30, 2011

The new intern has arrived!

Hello everyone!


I am so excited to be the newest member of the ITSDF team and I can't wait to get started with everything. I would like to introduce myself and my first question to you is: Have you ever heard of Susquehanna University? Almost every time I ask this question most people don’t believe that it is a real school and no one knows how to pronounce it correctly. Well everyone, it is a fabulous university in the center of Pennsylvania and it is surrounded by farms, Amish, and well… more farms. It is the university where I just recently graduated from in May with a degree in communications. Although it is a small school and in the “middle of no where,” it was my home for the last four years and it has provided me with the skills and tools that I will be using for my internship with If The Shoe Doesn’t Fit.


I decided to get involved with an internship after graduating from college in order to stay in touch with the world of social media, PR, advertising and everything else that may interest me. I enjoy staying active and learning new things, which is why I have taken on the challenge of having an internship while making my path in the real world. My duties will include attracting fabulous people to the website and social media pages and engaging them in various conversations in order to build lasting relationships. I will also be sharing my somewhat wacky thoughts and ideas with all of you on a regular basis as well as taking on a few fascinating projects that I will be keeping a secret for now!


If The Shoe Doesn't Fit is pretty much my picture perfect internship, yes that sounds cheesy, but it's the truth! I have a semi-huge shoe collection and I am not afraid to admit it! I started collecting shoes ever since I could remember being obsessed with fashion, and recently, I thought I was becoming a mini Rachel Zoe... have you seen her shoe collection? It is BA-NA-NAS! Whether I am secretly hoarding shoes or just lost in a pile with no way out, I know that surrounding myself with other shoe fanatics will just make the internship extra special. I look forward to having a great adventure and I can't wait to see what the future brings. Keep an eye out for a few pair of my own shoes on the website!


And just so you all know, it is pronounced – SUS-QWAH-HANNA!






Have a fabulous weekend!


Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Debbie! We're excited to have you as a part of the "ITSDF" family. I get lost in my closet in the morning so I probably couldn't find Susquehanna or say it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Debbie - I can't wait to see some of your fabulous shoes and love the name of your university - now I can pronounce it correctly too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments; tell us what you think...