Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 Day "You" Challenge: Day 10

As I was doing a blog hop, I came across this 10 Day You Challenge at Spilled Milkshake; and really enjoyed getting to know her.  She came across this post by Dayna of Great Beauty Buys who got the idea from Mom-A-Logues and Laura at Cocoons 2 Butterflies, so it seems it is spreading. While I don't know all these ladies (I should say "yet" as I plan to go back and read their 10 day challenges). 

I thought this was an awesome way to get to know each other better! So I'm going to do it - starting with 10 and working my way back.  I might not post every day but I'll add it to the topics so you can find them if you want.  If you decide to participate, leave a comment with your blog so I can get to know you too!


  1. I love my heels but my feet really hurt when I wear them - I suffer for "beauty".
  2. I'm a pharmacist by training but I don't want to work as one because the fear of making a mistake (a med error) that could hurt or kill someone freaks me out!
  3. I feel like I'm a big imposter and one day, someone will look "behind the curtain" and see that I'm not "as good", "as smart", or "enough of" anything people think I am - and then everything will fall apart.
  4. I've never felt pretty.
  5. My dad died when I was 14, and I miss him - I hope he's proud of me.
  6. I've had some amazing ideas in the past (such as Preggo Products - a line of inexpensive humorous novelty gifts for pregnant women) but I wasn't able to bring them to market and later saw "less than" versions done by others.  I regret letting go, and I'm so afraid the same thing could happen with If The Shoe Doesn't Fit if I can't make it successful.
  7. I was hit by a truck walking across the street with my dog in 1989 and essentially had to learn to walk and talk again.
  8. I've had 6 dogs (3 beautiful golden retrievers now) and love them all.  My first dog, Suddy, a golden, was special; she was with me when I had my accident and all during my recovery.  She was more human than dog.  I lost her in 2000 and I still miss her every day.
  9. I'm envious of my friends who are such awesome dancers - I love ballroom dancing and work soooo hard at it - but I dance from my head and wish I knew how to dance from my heart like they do.  I really want to.
  10. I care what people think; I want them to like me.  I'm working on getting to a place where I can let that go - but I've spent my life as a people pleaser and it's a hard thing to break.  
Ok - so brutally honest and a little more serious than I planned - but hey - you'll get to know me.  I'll keep a lot of the others lighter.  I think the topics lend themselves to different material.  But 10 real secrets - well - if it was the fluff stuff everyone knew, it wouldn't be  a secret now would it...


~Ellen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Ellen. We love you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful inside and out E and oh wow you are so brave to learn how to walk and talk again, how scary cars can be to walking pedestrians!

    Caring about what others think of me is my biggest fear. I've struggled with this my entire life...but I'm slowly learning to love myself as I am and not care about the people who aren't truly there for me and what they think of me.

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments; tell us what you think...