Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shoes in Entertainment: Some of my favorites

As Danielle pointed out last week in her post Top 16 Uses for Shoes , there are more uses for shoes than we realize. I thought I'd take you down memory lane to some of the shoes that helped keep us entertained. Some are classics (and way before my time) but a few recent hits stick out -


Shoes in Music


Elvis' Blue Suede Shoes must be the most famous shoe song along with Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Were Made for Walking. Those songs are so visual that they make you want to put those shoes on - not that I have anything that matches blue suede shoes!


“These boots are made for walking, and that’s just what they’ll do
one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.”


Paul Simon knew what girls like when he sang Diamonds on The Soles of Her Shoes.

“She’s a rich girl


She don’t try to hide it
                                                        Diamonds on the soles of her shoes”



This is a great alternative for us more frugal girls!






Shoes in the Movies

Of course Blue Suede Shoes was released in 1985 and I was pleasantly surprised to find this amazing pair of pumps in my search for what blue suede shoes actually looked like.



The Devil Wears Prada is one of my all time  favorite movies! I have seen the movie about 4 times and I have read the book too, of course. Other movies about shoes include In Her Shoes with Cameron Diaz (yes, I read the book too) and The Red Shoes.






One of my favorite movie scenes with shoes, is the one where Miley Cyrus and Tyra Banks fight over a pair of shoein Miley Cyrus The Movie. 






Shoe Quotes

If you think the girls at If The Shoe Doesn't Fit are just obsessed with shoes, then think again!

We are actually VERY obsessed with shoes and talk about it all the time. Then again, many famous celebs are too and if you are reading this blog and you are probably just as obsessed. It means that you are in great company!

Here is some shoe wisdom from famous people:

I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. I appreciate a good, hard-working gal. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe at the end, and I'm a big shoe girl. - Amy Adams 

If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?  - Gloria Steinem 

If the shoe fits, it is probably worn out.   - Craig Bruce   (Lizette: And that means it's time to buy a new pair!)

Stiletto, I look at it more as an attitude as opposed to a high-heeled shoe.  - Lita Ford 

It’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes – that’s why you sometimes need really special shoes. - Carrie Bradshaw


Shoes in Real Life


Of course, we get to enjoy shoes every day in real life. We talk about them, we wear them, we use them as art or soup ladles or door stoppers and when really pushed, we use them as torturing devices on errant husbands or boyfriends.


So thank your lucky shoes for the full and exciting life you enjoy!


  



























No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments; tell us what you think...