Ever since my brother invested in his Five Finger Shoes I've found myself entranced with looking at his feet, wondering how they feel and wondering if I should get myself a pair. He wears them to the gym all of the time and tells me that he finds them so comfortable! I've never been a fan of the socks that have the separate "fingers" that separate my toes because it feels so odd, but maybe the Five Finger Shoes have a special way of making my feet feel at home.
If The Shoe Doesn't Fit actually has quite a few available that are up for auction and I am loving all of the different colors! Go ahead and click on the picture - it will send you straight to the live auction!
According to the site their are five reasons to invest in these shoes:
1. It strengthens your muscles in your feet and lower legs. By strengthening your muscles in your feet and legs, it improves your foot health and prevents injury!
2. Wearing these shoes also improves your range of motion in your ankles, feet, and toes. You don't have to worry about your feet being restricted because you are free to move around your toes.
3. They also stimulate neural function that is important for your balance and agility. A good fact to know is that your neurological receptors send your feet messages from the brain. In turn this improves your agility and balance.
4. Because your heel is not lifted, your body weight becomes evenly distributed. This results in proper foot alignment and a happy spine because your spine now has better alignment due to these finger shoes.
5. Overall you can move your feet, which allows your body to feel more natural, which is fantastic!
The health benefits for the Five Finger Shoes are pretty remarkable, and did you know that you can even run in these shoes? However, they have recommended shoes that are made specifically for running, so be sure to check them out on their website.
At this point in time I'm pretty much sold on these shoes. I love their style and the vibrant colors such as green and hot pink are awesome! If my brother thinks they are comfortable I think they would be too. Plus - you don't have to wear socks. I think that would be nice for a change. Excuse me while I head to a store to try on these shoes. After that I might just have to buy a pair on ITSDF's website!