Saturday, May 14, 2011

Which Shoes Go Best With My New Dress?

Like Danielle, If The Shoe Doesn't Fit's intern recently mentioned, it is quite easy to have a glamorous outfit put together only to run out of time and put on the nearest shoes before running out the door. I'm guilty of this when I could be taking a lot more time putting together my outfit prior to leaving my home. If we are so particular with what shirt matches which skirt or pants, then why not be more particular with our shoes?

I think shoes deserve the utmost attention. Not only do we need to be comfortable while walking in them, shoes make their own fashion statement. You don't want to be caught during a night out with a pair of old shoes that are falling a part, now do we? No! So therefore I think we need to pay closer attention to what goes on our feet and how it coordinates with our outfit. Hence why I'm doing this post. I want to elicit help from my shoe lovers, of course.

I bought this new ruffle dress below and I absolutely adore it. However, how do I know what shoes go best with my new dress? The problem is there are just too many shoes to choose from! I think personally I would choose a pair of flats or pumps, but knowing me I might just slide on a pair of flip flops. So I created a collage with some recent shoes that are up for auction on the If The Shoe Doesn't Fit website and I'm dying to know which shoe you would choose. Help!

1. Cut-out ballerina nude Giuseppe Zanotti ballerina flats are darling because they look vintage, are flats (I love flats!), and they almost give the appearance of lace. Plus, because of their nude coloring, they essentially would go most any outfit. I LOVE these flats and I love that they are Giuseppe Zanotti too. :)

2. Steven by Steve Madden "Waren" High Heels Sandals are great because they are brown, another neutral shade. They also are wedge sandals, which give them a much needed height lift for some shorter gals. Plus the buckle gives much needed support - what do you think?!

3.  Cole Haan "Air Violet" Peeptoe Pumps are super sweet looking with their peep toes, lace, and bow. I like how these pumps would compliment the ruffles on the dress; both are super sweet and would look delicious together!

4. Vera Wang Lavender Label "Gillian" Jeweled Flats - I have to say are my favorite. The jewel is perfectly placed and the gray compliments the ruffled dress perfectly. I also love the bow and how it overlaps the jewel a bit. What a elegant pair of flats by Vera Wang!

5. Delman "Fate" Peeptoe Ballet Flat shoes are great if you just got a new pedicure because of the peep toe. Plus because they are black, they will also go with a variety of outfits. The design of the toe is very edgy, so I'm not sure if they would be the best choice with my ruffle outfit because it is more of an elegant and girlie look. Thoughts?

6. Madison Harding "Franklin" Strappy Sandals got me with their straps and buckles. I just LOVE the way they are designed. The beige color is also very pleasant and definitely got my attention as a fashionista. Or I try to be a fashionista anyway. ;)

So now that I've shown you some of my favorite shoe auctions this is when your help comes into play! What pair of shoes would you choose? The flats? The pumps? Or all of the above?!


OH my goodness...loving shoes is so hard. I never know which shoe direction to turn! :)

I can't wait to hear your advice and options. Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

  1. I;m torn between #2 and #6 - both kinda casual but have height! Love them all if I could....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know - they all are amazing, it's impossible to choose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all. I think if you plan your day accordingly you could wear every single pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Danielle and sorry for the late response.

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments; tell us what you think...