Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why I Will Always be Team Boot…


Call me crazy but if you make me choose between a skyscraper heel and a pair of comfy boots to wear on a night out, I will always be team boot! Fashion lovers across the globe may take in a collective gasp but it’s true, I would rather be able to dance all night in my boots than have to hobble round in my bare feet after being crippled by my stilettos. Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate a good pair of heels as much as the next person and have often be found pressing myself against the window of the Vivienne Westwood shop wondering if there was a way to steal a pair of her quirky Melissa shoes.  My wardrobe is full of ankle threatening wedges and heels that will often get a public showing however if I’m faced with a night out with my girlfriends, it’s the trusty (yet stylish!) Lotus boots that come out to play!

Although my friends are all now well aware of my aversion of nights out in heels, they know that by the end of the night it will be me not wanting to leave the dance floor whilst they are wincing in agony. I have tried converting my friends to the way of the boot however unless the forecast if for thick snow, my efforts have gone unnoticed. My boot collection now rivals my shoe collection and I love choosing whether it’s going to be my knee high leather boots or dance all night wedge boots that will be paired with my new outfit. The next time you find yourself absolutely dreaded the morning after blisters or spend hours reading up on old wives tales on how to numb your feet with vodka before a night out, give team boot a chance, your feet will thank you!

Kat is a full time writer,blogger who loves nothing more than being asked to write about her second passion in life, fashion. She is known for her love of Vivienne Westwood and Lotus Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments; tell us what you think...