Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Morbid Question?

I'm a little hesitant to write this post cuz I think it might come across as a bit morbid, but it is on my mind and I think / hope I can do it with respect. 

The famous fashion and hair styling icon Vidal Sassoon passed away yesterday at age 84.  He was incredibly influential and known for changing the way hair was cut and styled from hairspray laden beehives to his ideal of touchable hair that was shaped into wash-and-go wedges, short bobs, sleek styles or Mia farrow's pixie cut.
Vidal Sassoon


We've seen whenever music icons pass away (for example Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson) that their music takes on a sudden immediate popularity.  My question is this: do you think that this will happen in the fashion and hair styling world as well?  Will we see a sudden resurgence in pixie cuts or bobs?  Will the Sleek Sassoon hair become fashionable again? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this is a mobid question to ask and yes, I do believe when someone well known dies their trends and style preference does effect people in the industry. With that being said, it will be interesting to see how the new hair trend unfold!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments; tell us what you think...