Monday, June 20, 2011

When it comes to shoes, I'd rather go nude!

On Saturday I went shopping with my daughter. Being 9-years old, she is fast hurtling towards puberty, and despite the grazed knees and elbows and a complete dislike for anything touching her face - she is clearly a girl.

As we entered the shop, she made a bee-line for the shoe section!



She pointed out some shoes for me, but the selection left me disappointed. The shop sells beautiful women's wear, such as professional suits, cocktail dresses  skirts, blouses and trousers. I do not think I have ever seen a pair of shorts there, or even a t-shirt. 

But the shoe section? It had flip-flops, gladiator sandals and a few pairs of boots in the adult female section. While I know it is winter in this part of the world, I figured that if they could sell flip-flops, they might as well add a few pairs of stylish nude sandals or pumps, but it was all blacks and browns - very boring!

Of course, my little flat-foot (who by now had removed her flip-flops, because "they make her slip") found some really pretty shoes in the girls' section. These frilly, glittery kitten heels and wedges would have been much more appropriate if they were about 6 sizes bigger and in the adult female section. 

When I got home I spent some time checking what other ladies wear with their dress suits and cocktail dresses. Of course, fashion style is a very individual matter. I had to find my own favorites, and here are two of them:


I LOVE the "nude with lace" look of these shoes!

This goes with almost anything!


So what do you think? Am I just weird or demanding, or is my shop boring?