Saturday, January 7, 2012

What's up, Baby Shoes?

Although I have not been active on the blog during the holidays, shoes have not been out of my mind for long periods at a time. Mostly, I spent my time as an observer, which has been most fascinating.  I also bought a few pairs of sandals and even some slippers during the season. 

While Ocean Dreamer glammed it up in sparkly heels this Christmas, holidaymakers to our little town walked around the malls barefoot. I am a bit of a germophobe, so I only did it once. On New Year's Eve, 10 minutes to closing time, my hubby decided to go buy more ice-cream. I had no time to put on shoes and when we got to the mall, it was very quiet, so I decided to get out and go look for some chocolate.  It was liberating!!!

Apart from that I spent a lot of time telling my daughter to "PUT ON YOUR SHOES!!!". Really, I know that we live on the beach, but there's a time and a place when shoes are necessary. I learned that the hard way just 3 days ago, when I walked to the beach and back barefoot. My feet are still hurting from burning on the hot tar road and the sizzling beach sand.

Most excitingly, my BFF had a little baby boy! He is so adorable that one can become broody from spending 5 minutes with him. Those tiny little hands... and precious little feet! Of course, the stores are full of the cutest little baby shoes.

Just look at these:











Primigi Clyd (Infant Boys') - Brown Nubuck

Stride Rite SRT Sophia (Infant Girls') - Silver/Tulip/Paradise Pink Leather/Mesh
Hush Puppies Kids Bryson (Infant Boys') - Black

PUMA Cell Turin Perf (Infant Boys') - Black/Puma Silver/Steel Grey

Don't you just want one too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments; tell us what you think...