Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Scuff Marks

I went to wear a pair of my favorite heels and when I grabbed them I noticed several scuff marks on them I hadn't seen before.  In a rush, I tried to think of my quick tips for scuff mark removal and only a couple came to mind.  Here is what I had:
  1. Baking soda - make a paste of baking soda and water and use a soft toothbrush to apply it to the shoe.  Buff it away lightly and those black or grey scuff marks should come off quickly.
  2. Magic Eraser - these inventions really are magic!  I use the store brand ones, but you can use the brand name just as easily.  Either way, these white pads remove scuff marks, dirt, pen and almost anything off of most shoes and surfaces.  
  3. Nail polish remover - use with caution - but a little amount of non-acetone remover on a q-tip can work well on some shoes.  Just be sure to test it on a small area of the shoe where it can't be seen first ( in case it doesn't react well with the material).
So those were the ones I thought of  ( I used the magic eraser - I keep one under the sink) -but I know there are others.

How do you get rid of scuff marks on your shoes? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tips! They are always welcome when trying to salvage a great pair of shoes. XOXO

    Maria
    http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments; tell us what you think...