Saturday, March 17, 2012

Into the time machine

Perhaps there comes a time in all our lives when we reflect back on the past. I just didn't expect to be doing it at my age, because I'm not that old just yet - or am I?

That is the danger of social media, especially when you get connected with people from your past - people who are much younger than you. You see things that take your mind back to the distance past. 

My friend's kid sister recently received the most gorgeous boots from her boyfriend and that took me back to my old Doc Martens days. Man I loved those shoes. I wore them with everything: jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses...
John Deere Boots 9

Dan Post Boots Wynona 13

Lane Boots Groovy Girl (Women's) - Blue Leather
I even wore them to school, which was not allowed. I was supposed to wear those really ugly black Mary Janes with short white school socks. In order to save myself from the fashion police, I would tell the teachers that I had a foot problem and had to wear my Docs. Somehow I got away with it.

However, this has made me want to buy myself a pair similar to my old Doc Martens, hence I have been checking out some shoes online. 

Here are some of my top choices.


1 comment:

We love your comments; tell us what you think...